Monday, February 13, 2012

Make It Monday: Vision Board







I love making vision boards. Today I'm sharing the vision board I made for 2012. (I also think this would be a super fun thing to do with kids at the beginning of the school year or in January, but I never have done vision boards with kids!)

Here's all you need:
  • Lots of magazines and catalogs
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Some sort of backing paper

Here's what you do:
  • Cut out all the words and pictures that speak to you.
  • Then arrange them and glue them down.
  • Now look at it! What stands out to you? You'll be surprised at what you see!

Here were some of the surprises on mine--multiple placements of the words "nourish" and "fresh" I was also suprised by how prominently the color green appeared.


Here is the finished vision for 2012! I really like that it's orderly but not symmetrical or square.


What's your vision for 2012? Have you made something like a vision board? Have you ever used vision boards with students?

No comments:

Post a Comment