Monday, August 23, 2010

Inspiration for the New Year


So every year at this moment my professional goal is to support children in learning as much as they can and becoming the best people they can be. But how is this achieved? I labor over year long plans for each subject and specific daily plans. I hone procedures and classroom layout.

While those things are happening this year I'm also taking a more intropective approach. I want to learn as much as I can and be the best person I can be. So I have a little list that will be hanging by my desk. There are 8 little items. The first 5 relate to how I let the world make and mold me. They came to me through the wonderful and amazing online class Mondo Beyondo.

`BE VULNERABLE
`BE BRAVE
`BE FLEXIBLE
`BE OPEN
`BE TRUSTING

The last three I found in "a life of being, having, and doing enough" by Wayne Muller. They are the goal I have for how my voice is projected into the world:

`Is it true?
`Is it necessary?
`Is it kind?

These are my goals to which I aspire and hopefully inspire this year. Best wishes to everyone returning to school this week! What are your goals for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment